Who We Are
1st) Girls Bike Bentonville is a group of women and girls who enjoy riding together. Our purpose is to educate and mobilize women and girls in Bentonville and NW Arkansas to be active physically and to be involved in community service to advance the cause of bicycling in Bentonville and NW Arkansas.
2nd) We are working on establishing a group of girls who want to race and represent Bentonville as the premier cycling community for women in NW Arkansas and the region. We educate and develop women and girls to achieve their athletic potential.
- Weekly bike rides
1) Thursday 6:05 pm, Bentonville Square – Our signature ride. 4 groups from a paved trail ride to fast road ride. We also have a mountain bike ride. All abilities are welcome. (April – October)
2) Tuesday 6:00 pm, Downtown Rogers – Road ride, time and distance varies depending on season. All abilities are welcome. No Drop Ride.
- Weekly bike rides and/or spin classes November-April.
- Monthly clinics for skill and life development.
- Local and regional races, rides, and events.
Girls Bike Bentonville Membership
Girls Bike Bentonville was formed by a group of women cyclists who enjoy riding together. In doing so, we realized that riding has given us a sense of empowerment in our lives. We wanted to share this with other women in the community by educating them about fitness and riding in general and specifically, the rules of riding, bike maintenance, bike skills, and bike safety.
One of the most important things we can do as Girls Bike Bentonville is have a culture of service to our community. Membership in GBB is therefore not based on paying (thanks to Colavita!) but is based on service hours. Each member is encouraged to do 15 hours of community service in related events which gives the member additional benefits.
Some examples of service:
- Leading or sweeping beginner or greenway rides for Girls Bike Bentonville.
- Helping plan or host events or clinics for Girls Bike Bentonville.
- Being the bike lead for running races (GOTR, Gold Rush, etc.)
- Working aid stations at running, biking, triathlon, etc.
As a member of Girls Bike Bentonville, you will receive the following benefits:
Member price on GBB apparel.
Insurance on the rides and events.
Discounts at the following retailers:
- Mojo Cycling – 10% accessories and special deals on bikes.
- Lewis and Clark – Free rebate membership (10% off everything in store)
- High Roller Cyclery – 10% off parts and accessories
- Phat Tire – 10% discount on anything but labor
- GPP – 10% discount
To become a member of Girls Bike Bentonville, fill out the form below:
2017 Member Info Form
Each time you do some community service, submit it at the form below:
2017 Volunteer Hours Form
Email Rhonda with any questions – firstname.lastname@example.org